Daniel M. Dean, M.D. Foot & Ankle Orthopedic Specialist Adults, Children & Adolescents
I aim to get to know my patients on a personal level so that I can best guide them to the treatment strategy that will help them achieve their personal goals and maintain their lifestyle.
Dr. Daniel M. Dean is a fellowship trained foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeon. He treats all musculoskeletal pathologies of the foot and ankle in adolescent and adult patients. He has specialized training in total ankle arthroplasty, sports injuries, flatfoot, complex fractures, and minimally invasive techniques in bunion correction. He has published numerous articles and presented his research on foot and ankle at multiple national and international meetings.
Dr. Dean, a native of the west suburbs of Chicago, graduated with honors from the University of Notre Dame. He attended medical school in Chicago at Northwestern University before completing an orthopaedic surgery residency at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC. He concluded his training with a fellowship in foot and ankle surgery at the prestigious Mercy Medical Center - Institute for Foot and Ankle Reconstruction.
Dr. Dean places an emphasis on getting to know his patients on a personal level and using their lifestyle and personal goals to help guide them to the treatment strategy that best fits the individual.
In his free time, Dr. Dean enjoys cheering on the Notre Dame football team, history, travel, and spending time with his wife and children.
- AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center Hinsdale
- AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center La Grange
- AMITA Health Saint Joseph Medical Center Joliet
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- Silver Cross Hospital
- Foot & Ankle Arthritis
- Total Ankle Replacement
- Ankle Arthroscopy & Ligament Reconstruction
- Complex Fractures of the Foot & Ankle
- Cartilage Transplantation of the Ankle
- Achilles Tendon Disorders
- Acute & Chronic Ankle Sprains
- Bunion & Hammer Toe Correction
- Complex Hindfoot Reconstructive Surgery
- Sports Injuries Treatment
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (AOFAS)
Mercy Medical Center - Institute for Foot and Ankle Reconstruction, Baltimore, Maryland
Foot & Ankle Surgery Fellowship
Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- Medical School
Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
Doctor of Medicine
- College of Science - Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, University of Notre Dame, 2010
- Medical Student Summer Research Program Grant, Northwestern University, 2012
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (AOFAS), Resident Scholar, 2018
- Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, Chief Resident, Orthopaedic Surgery